You are interested in this product?
W149 Saccharomyces cerevisiae, top-fermented wheat beer yeast
The W149 is a typical German wheat beer yeast. The resulting beers have a typical fruity-estry overall aroma.
- very low content of acetaldehyde
- distinct ester formation
- unexhausted phenolic aroma
- increased formation of higher alcohols
- very active fermentation
- good settling behaviour
- very good diacetyl reduction
- normal to high AV° (approx. 78-80%)
Recommended fermentation temperature: 18-20°C (16-23°C)