You are interested in this product?
W205 Saccharomyces cerevisiae, top-fermented wheat beer yeast
The W205 is a typical German wheat beer yeast. The resulting beers have a light ester aroma, are pure, refreshing with a slightly pleasant phenolic note. The W205 also cuts a fine figure in the production of Belgian Wit/Blanche.
- very low content of acetaldehyde
- not so high ester formation
- pleasant phenolic aroma
- increased formation of higher alcohols
- high fermentation capacity
- normal settling behaviour
- very good diacetyl reduction
- high AV° (>81%)
Recommended fermentation temperature: 18-20°C (16-23°C)