You are interested in this product?
W208 (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
The W208 is one of our classic "Altbier yeasts" that convinces with its typical aroma.
In addition to the various Altbier specialities, this yeast is also excellently suited for the production of various ale variants. (Tend to be American ale)
- low content of esters (depending on fermentation temperature)
- normal to increased amount of higher alcohols
- normal to good settling behaviour
- very good diacetyl reduction
- normal to high AV° (approx. 78-80%)
- high alcohol tolerance (10 Vol%)
Recommended fermentation temperature: 18-20°C (16-23°C)
In the production of Stout, the beer features spicy notes with liquorice and a nice acidity.