You are interested in this product?
W378 (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
The W378 is a classic yeast for the production of Wit/Blanche, Belgian Dubbel and Triple. The dominant phenolic note is typical for this strain. The aroma profile of this yeast is ideal for the addition of coriander and/or orange peels.
- the content of esters is rather low
- increased amount of higher alcohols and acetaldehyde
- the amount of phenols (clove aroma) is pronounced
- weaker to normal settling behaviour
- very good diacetyl reduction
normal AV° (approx. 78-80%)
Recommended fermentation temperature: 18-20°C (16-23°C)