You are interested in this product?
W66, powdery yeast (Saccharomyces pastorianus ssp. Carlsbergensis)
The W66 produces very fine, slender, mild and slightly floral beers. Malt and hop aromas come to the fore. If the yeast is sufficiently removed in time before and during secondary fermentation, there is no risk of autolysis. Warm secondary fermentation is not recommended.
- higher alcohols: very low
- acetaldehyde: very low
- good production of esters, fine aroma profile
- low fracture formation capacity
- very good diacetyl reduction
- high AV° (EV° = AV°) (approx. 78-83%)
Recommended fermentation temperature: 8-10°C (6-14°C)